This Policy only covers information that is collected by the Services and does not cover any information that may be collected through any software downloads from other companies (including those who may use the Services in connection with their software). We cannot, and do not, control the information You share with other products and services, even those other products and services provided in connection with the GameMix.com Services.
WHERE WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- Automatic Collection: Like most others, we may use common technologies such as cookies and other technologies to understand users’ interactions with the Services. When you use the Services, the functionality of your Internet browser automatically records information about your visits to the Site and your use and operation of the Services including user activity and interaction data (“Service Data”). In some circumstances, servers place “cookies” that your Internet browser stores on your computer to record and track information about your websites visits, and that may uniquely identify your browser and account. Your browser preferences can be modified to accept or reject all cookies, or request a notification when a cookie is set. However, some of the Services may not work without your cookies enabled. Depending on your browser, it may allow you to delete the cookies and other information that the browser has stored in its local files. These technologies help us keep track of user behavior, tell us which parts of our Services people have visited and are using, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of our Services.
- Emails, Messages and Invitations. If you provide one, We may use your email or phone number to communicate back to you and to send you notices, updates, newsletters, or news regarding the Services. We hope that soon you can invite others to join the Services by a share function that allows you to send invitation emails or messages. We may store the email or other contact information to register the respondents properly and add them to the contacts list of the users that sent the invitations.
- Volunteered: If you create an account, register with us, provide us an email, or otherwise share personally identifiable information with us, we will collect and store the information you share. This information may include your personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, and other contact information. You do not have to share this information with us, but without, it you may not be able to use the Services otherwise.
- Publicly Posted: If we offer a public Site (i.e. comments page or blog) and you choose to post information on public areas of the Site, that information is visible to and may be collected, stored and used by anyone. We recommend you be cautious about giving out personally identifiable information to others or sharing personally identifiable information in public or private online forums. We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties with whom you share personally identifiable information.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
In general, we collect, store and use information to provide the Services, to provide support for the Services, to respond to user requests and inquiries, to maintain a record of our dealings with users, to facilitate your use of and our administration and operation of the Services; and to improve our offerings.
WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
- Anonymous Information. Anonymous information is information that does not identify you personally, like usage and metrics information, referring website addresses, and “aggregate” information such as data about a group or category of products. Anonymous information helps us understand trends and user interests so that we can better design our products and services, or refine our offerings. We may share anonymous information with others, including developers, potential investors, marketers, and business partners.
- Personally identifiable information is information that specifically identifies an individual, such as an individual’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or other account number.
- All Information (Both Anonymous and Personally Identifiable). In certain circumstances, we may share information we have collected, including personally identifiable information. Those circumstances are:
- Anonymous and Your personally identifiable information may be shared with anyone who is helping us make the Services available and functional. These include third-party vendors, technical agents, other subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants who assist us in performing functions to operate our Services. These functions include, for example, web site hosting, maintenance, data analysis, customer support, email delivery services, infrastructure services, customer service, technical agents, analytics, and metrics services.
- If you give us permission, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties who might send you marketing and promotional information.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information (along with Anonymous Information) if permitted or required by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users or business partners.
- We might share personally identifiable information (along with Anonymous Information) during due diligence for investment purposes or in preparation for or after a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
- If we deliver advertising in connection with the Services, We may share (i) aggregated information about you and other users collectively, but not specifically identifiable to you; (ii) Anonymous Information; and (iii) certain technical information (including IP Addresses, MAC Addresses for mobile devices and mobile device IDs) in order to develop and deliver targeted advertising in the Service. We may also allow advertisers to collect these types of information within the Service and they may share it back with GameMix.com. Advertisers may collect this information through the use of tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons.
- In the event that GameMix.com undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, We may transfer all of information, including personally identifiable information, to the successor organization in such transition.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Services are not intended for children under age 13. We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under 13.
Information that we collect is stored on servers that we manage, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services and you do so at your own risk.
All Information, including your personally identifiable information, may be maintained on servers or databases located outside your state or country or to a jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be the same as those in your location. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we store information in the United States and use of our Services constitutes your consent to and understanding of this.
This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California applicable to agreements made and performed in California, excluding the application of the conflict of laws provisions.
CHANGES TO POLICY; APPLICABILITY
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time, and will do so by posting changes to this Policy on the Site. This Policy is also subject to the Terms of Service posted on the Site.
Your Comments or Concerns
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.